Join the Phoenix non-profit incubator
Phoenix non-profit incubator is looking for new members! Apply today and become one of the four ideas that stop inequality and grow mighty during the year 2020.
We invite world-changing ideas and awesome people all over Finland to send an application to join the Phoenix non-profit incubator. You can be an individual, a group of people or an established non-profit organisation - doesn’t matter, as long as you are excited about changing the world.
Apply here by November 30th, 2019. After reviewing the applications, we get together with the most promising ideas on December 12th. Final selections are done before the holiday season 2019.
Questions? Comments? Contact us at email@example.com.
Hoping to talk to a real person? Please call Camilla on November 15th between 12 and 1 pm or Nov 25th between 2 and 3 pm. You can also call the members of the incubator of 2019: Armi(Howtomo) Nov 20th between 2 and 4 pm or Joni (Mummodisko) Nov 18th between 12 and 2 pm.
What is Phoenix?
Phoenix is a recently founded non-profit incubator and accelerator for social innovations. We operate in Finland (but we are getting ready to scale abroad). We channel the power of companies, communities, and individuals to support people who need it the most.
Every year we select promising non-profits (ideas and non-profit organisations) to join us and help them grow.
During our first year, we have supported the following causes:
Wellbeing of seniors
Refugees’ employment and entrepreneurship
Women’s equality in working life
Employment of creative youth
Why should I join a non-profit incubator?
As a member of the Phoenix Association (Phoenix ry, a registered association in Finland), you gain access to a full range of services for free.
We meet once a month, either online or face-to-face in Helsinki. In between the meetings we keep in touch and work together to take your idea forward. Our working languages are Finnish and English.
Read more about our Phoenix non-profit incubator program below.
Phoenix non-profit incubator supports you with
- Kick-off. We make an action plan & set goals and priorities for the year together.
- Defining your idea and concept. We help you define your core problem and solution, which is essential when applying for funding.
- Fundraising plan. Together we map out your fundraising needs and potential funders.
- Crowdsourcing. How to channel the power of a volunteer network to maximise your impact.
- Access to phoenix.fi online store. Find support for your work through our online store.
- Communications and branding. How to reach your target audience and crystallise your brand? Gain support from our communications professional.
- Peer support. Office space, best practices, sparring. All this in good company.
- Impact measuring. Maximise your impact and communicate about it effectively.
- Scaling up your operations. Are you ready for acceleration? We help you go big.
We promise that with Phoenix, your idea is yours. We stand with you but we will not do things for you. What we expect from you is to take the initiative and push your plan forward. Let’s create an awesome year together.
Is the Phoenix non-profit incubator for me?
If you have an excellent idea and you’re ready to roll up your sleeves, the Phoenix non-profit incubator is for you. You can be a single individual or a group of people. You have tested your idea and realised that there's a need for it. Maybe you have already set up an organisation of your own but you don’t need one to join us. You don’t need to know yet whether you wish to start a foundation, association or a co-op. Heck, maybe you won’t set up any of these.
Members selected for the incubator
- Are not-for-profit
- Bring an innovative approach to their field
- Stem from real needs of real people
- Offer hands-on opportunities to participate in the action
- Are eager to utilise crowdsourcing
- Have the potential to grow
- Have a devoted team.
Who else works with me at Phoenix?
Everyone at Phoenix shares the same vision: we work with people, for people. To deliver an impact where it’s most needed, we use crowdsourcing and work as a network.
Your accomplices in awesomeness
Anni(communications and branding)
Armi (service design, concept development, peer support)
Camilla (administration, strategic planning, crowdsourcing, and networking)
Elisa (fundraising, impact assessment)
Joni and Mikko(peer support and all-around awesome ideas)
Mustafa (peer support, taking over the world)
Phoenix volunteer network which consists of companies, communities, and individuals, ready to support you on your journey.
Why did we start the Phoenix non-profit incubator?
Phoenix, Finland’s first non-profit incubator, was born out of the experience of Startup Refugees. We are forever grateful to our network who came together, took action and made Startup Refugees the success story it is now. Our experience highlights how the power of companies, communities and individuals can be harnessed for concrete action.
Phoenix is our way to give back to the non-profit community. Read the full story here.
How to take action with Phoenix?
There's plenty of wise talk about problems. But we are here to take action.
The Phoenix online store for fast action is your one-stop destination toward a better tomorrow.